On Oct 22, 2005, at 11:12, Tony Morris wrote:

Hi,

I attempt to generate RTF using the Ant task:
<fop format="application/rtf" fofile="in.fo" outfile="out.rtf" force="true"/>

I receive the following error:
[fop] 22/10/2005 19:04:42 org.apache.fop.fo.properties.EnumLength getValue
[fop] SEVERE: getValue() called on AUTO length
[fop] 22/10/2005 19:04:42 org.apache.fop.fo.properties.EnumLength getValue
[fop] SEVERE: getValue() called on AUTO length

Can anyone provide any pointers to what might be the issue?

I'm not absolutely sure, but most likely, this message is caused by the default values of height/content-height/content-width... on fo:external-graphic. All these properties default to a value of "auto" and somewhere the property is being queried for its value without checking first whether it has an enum value.

Have you tried different output targets? Same problem? If not, the cause of this would be somewhere in the RTFRenderer. To remove these errors, I guess you could try specifying explicit values for height/content-height etc. It's not ideal, but should suffice as a workaround until we manage to track down the unchecked call to getValue().

Greetz,

Andreas