What happens when you open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat directly, and not using the browser? Are you getting the same result opening the PDF with both IE and Firefox?

Is this just an annoying message, or is a corrupted/unusable PDF returned?

It very well could be, but I was unaware that the encoding in the source FO file somehow makes its way to the PDF document. If the PDF is being returned from a web app, my suspicion is that a wrong response header value is being sent to the browser.

Glen

Myriam Delperier wrote:
hi,
i've got a .fo file like this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
</fo:root>

I transform it in pdf with fop and myweb browser tells me the encoding is iso-8859-1 but for some url links reasons,
I need the file to be in utf-8.

is there something I can do ?