Chris Bowditch schrieb:
Ail Sahin wrote:

Hi guys,

I got a strange problem during transforming XML and a XSLT to PDF.
Using Version 0.20.5 of FOP.

First, I create accountstatements, i.e. for GL accounts, Debitor accounts or Creditor accounts.
The XML output for all GL accounts in one month is nearly 10 MB large.
Debitor/Creditor accounts of one month is much bigger, nearly 15 MB.

While transforming the Debitor/Creditor XML to PDF, there is no problem. The CPU usage rises up to 100%, but the rendering successes.
But with the smaller GL accounts XML I get an OutOfMemoryException.

Well the actual FO size is not stricly directly proportional to memory usage. It's slightly more complex than that. Memory usage depends on the exact FO used. For example, fo:table and nested tables in particular are very expensive in terms of memory and CPU.
You're right, there are a lot of tables in the FO. But how could I manage design an account statement without tables?
It may also be that the FO for GL, has just one page-sequence whilst the Debitor/Creditor accounts are split up into multiple page-sequences.

That's the funny thing: It's all the same FO.

Ali