Actually, I wanted the FOP version, too. After searching through the
various FOP versions with the line number from the stack trace I found
that you're talking about 0.20.5.

You're using the "fop" task inside a "macrodef". I believe the NPE
happens due to the Project instance not being set on the task which the
Task.log() method needs. Maybe that's because the "fop" task is inside a
"macrodef", but I can't tell for sure. Better ask the Ant guys what's
wrong here, because I don't know. Ant is supposed to call setProject()
as far as I know.

On 15.02.2006 10:55:15 Eike Stepper wrote:
> I use JDK1.5.0_06 and this is the trace (the switches are very useful!):
>

> Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005
> Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005
<snip/>
> --- Nested Exception ---
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.log(Task.java:346)
>       at org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.FOPTaskStarter.run(Fop.java:354)
>       at org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.Fop.execute(Fop.java:256)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>       at
>       at
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>       at org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:123)
<snip/>