Hey, we certainly don't mind if you look at the sources. On the contrary,
we encourage people to look at it and to send in patches that help
improve FOP. We're certainly reviewing the stuff that comes in. If you
need any help to get started, just ask. The code-/design-level
documentation may not be as extensive as you might wish sometimes, but
there are always people around you can ask.