> FOP does have a few System.out.println calls in its source code but
> these are only in places where those are ok, i.e. in command-line
> handling code

IMHO this is not the case with the TTFReader. It tells you about each file it reads and writes. If you convert a couple of files at once this is a little inconvenient. Maybe it should have a silent mode? BTW if you embed the TTF Reader i would prefer getting exceptions when something goes wrong rather than geting null return (and a stack trace in stdout)

Eckard

Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

07.03.2006 08:05

Bitte antworten an
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

An
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Kopie
Thema
Re: Changing logging behavior in an embedded application.

Hmm, FOP does not do anything special with warning messages as opposed
to debug- or info-level messages. If you managed you reroute all logging
to java.util.logger it's a matter of configuring that thing correctly.
FOP does have a few System.out.println calls in its source code but
these are only in places where those are ok, i.e. in command-line
handling code. Your other post about the Verdana font showed that you're
not calling FOP's command-line so everything does go through the logging
abstraction.

Did you specify a logging config file using "-Djava.util.logging.config.file="
and properly set up the handlers?