Jeremias Maerki <dev <at> jeremias-maerki.ch> writes:
> Looks like you have a good share of bad luck with FOP.

No problem, fortunately you're all really helpful on this list!

>  You've
> stumbled upon a bug in TTFReader we recently fixed. Please use the
> TTFReader coming with FOP 0.92beta to create the font metric files. The
> generated files should also work with FOP 0.20.5.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/opt/fop-0.92beta# java -cp
build/fop.jar:lib/avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar:lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
:lib/commons-io-1.1.jar
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSerif.ttf FreeSerif_ttf.xml
TTF Reader for Apache FOP 0.92beta

Parsing font...
Reading /usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSerif.ttf...
Number of glyphs in font: 5295
3 cmap tables
CMAP format: 4
Creating xml font file...
Creating CID encoded metrics...
Writing xml font file FreeSerif_ttf.xml...
This font contains no embedding license restrictions.

XML font metrics file successfullly created.

:)

(by the way, there's a typo there in "successfullly")

Now to see if I can get that xml file working with fop 0.20-5!!

Thanks again,

Matt