Hi,
You can play with reference-orientation property as in this snippet:

<fo:block-container reference-orientation="90"
        inline-progression-dimension.minimum="5mm"
        inline-progression-dimension.optimum="30mm"
        inline-progression-dimension.maximum="auto">
        <fo:block-container reference-orientation="-90"
                inline-progression-dimension="35mm">
                <fo:block>some text 1</fo:block>
        </fo:block-container>
        <fo:block-container reference-orientation="-90"
                inline-progression-dimension="35mm">
                <fo:block>some text 2</fo:block>
        </fo:block-container>
        <fo:block-container reference-orientation="-90"
                inline-progression-dimension="35mm">
                <fo:block>some text 3</fo:block>
                <fo:block>some text 4</fo:block>
        </fo:block-container>