Sorry, I guess in the strictest sense this is xmlgraphics-common related now, but it was discovered and investigated using FOP 0.95beta.

We upgraded from 0.94 to use the new bookmarks features and our software became globally unstable, hanging randomly during PDF generation -- to be precise, getting all kinds of random problems during image loading. The images we use are stored in SVN and retrieved via their HTTP URLs from an SVN server. Reading the SVN logs, we see a very different behaviour between 0.94 (which worked fine and has been retested since) and 0.95beta: the FOP requests litteraly "suffocate" the SVN server, sending quite a lot of requests for images and taking way too long to consume the responses. So, after a (random) while, the SVN server gives up (timeout) and the FOP application on the other side crashes immediately after. At least that is how we understand the problem after testing and reading all sorts of server logs (with a sysadmin) for a whole day. This looks like a major regression and makes 0.95beta completely unusable for us -- though we badly need the new features :-(

If anybody had an idea, I must say I'd be extremely grateful...

Jean-Francois El Fouly