Acrobat scales down your PDF so it fully fits inside the printable area
of your printer. Acrobat doesn't know the margins of your document
because that information isn't in the PDF. That's why it squeezes the
content even if it isn't necessary to avoid content being cut off. I
hope that clears it up.