On 30.03.2009 23:07:48 Patrick wrote:
> Sorry, but I'm still confused. I have the margins defined in my
> fo:simple-page-master tag. Does that information not end up in my final PDF?

No. I don't know of any means to place that information in a PDF
(version 1.4 anyway). There might be something in Tagged PDF but only
indirectly through the "BBox" value which I think is not implemented,
yet, in the development branch that adds Tagged PDF. Even then, I don't
think Acrobat would pick that up. Turning on scaling in Acrobat's print
dialog would still distort the page.

> When I turn off the scaling, the text on the left side of my document gets cut
> off.

So the margins you specified in FO lie outside the printable area
supported by your printer.

> Something still isn't right. I also won't be able to get my users to turn
> off the scaling. I need to come up with a solution that doesn't require user
> interaction. Thank you for your help.

Other people had the same problem (you can check the archives). They
switched off the scaling in Acrobat's print dialog and they confirmed
that the dimensions specified in FO were correct when printed out. There
is no bug in FOP concerning that. It's a user setting in Acrobat which
FOP doesn't have an influence on. So I don't know how to help you any
further with this. Sorry.