On 14 Jul 2009, at 17:31, Georg Datterl wrote:

Well, it is only available in the SVN repo, so in the sense that it is not officially released yet, it is indeed in development. That said, some users
consider trunk to be stable enough to use in production environments.

As far as I understood, out-of-the-ant-file Fop still uses AT, not IF, as default rendering path.

I'd have to check to be certain, but in Trunk, I seem to recall that we ultimately opted for using the IF-route out of the box (since it proved a tiny bit faster). The testsuite still uses the Area Tree (hence why it will probably remain for a while; someone would have to convert all existing testcases... :-/)

But that reminds me, I wanted to find out how to activate IF and see, what happens to my publications.

The benefits of the new IF are mainly: <...> it is better documented than the Area Tree.

Well, that ain't hard. :-)

Indeed... :-)

Andreas Delmelle
e-mail: andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be