On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 07:48:19PM -0400, Eric D Helms wrote:
As a lead-in to being working towards migrating Katello's packages to the
foreman-packaging repository, I'd like to propose a slight re-organization
of the repository. As well, to seek any other ideas or problems any might
see with the proposal.

Currently, the packaging repository is a flat structure with all packages
being represented by a directory containing sources and a spec file. When
looking at it, I find it hard to think about them in an organized manner
given we separate by repository into foreman and foreman-plugins (and
eventually katello repositories). Thus, my proposal is to let the packaging
repository reflect the repository organization by moving things into the
following directories:

foreman-packaging
  - foreman
  - plugins
  - katello
  - katello-client

Thoughts?

It makes sense to me and I have the same problem but it does make me wonder how we deal repo boundries/repoclosure.

Plugins probably needs foreman where katello probably requires foreman and maybe plugins. If a package from plugins is now required in foreman, is it moved?

I assume katello-client is supposed not to require any other repos, just base OS and possibly EPEL. If a package is needed in both foreman and katello-client, should it be copied?

Long term/big picture: I know we have pulp and candlepin. Where do they fit in? Should katello eventually be merged into plugins?