On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 02:13:27PM -0400, Justin Sherrill wrote:

On 09/02/2017 03:00 PM, Eric D Helms wrote:

On Sep 2, 2017 10:22 AM, "Timo Goebel" <m...@timogoebel.name <mailto:m...@timogoebel.name>> wrote:

   I am wondering if we should name the katello-client repository
   either foreman-client or just client. I can think of more plugins
   that need a client package.
   Timo

I was not going to suggest this yet, but since you brought it up and know of other client tools I think this would be a great addition and coming together for Foreman and Katello. For the yum repositories (maybe this also translates for Debian? sorry I am not as familiar with them) I'd then suggest changing our structure to the following:
It might be even more out of scope, but i could see value in having hammer and all the hammer plugins in a client repo as well.

From an issue in puppet-foreman we know users deploy Hammer using
puppet-foreman without installing foreman itself so that might make sense. Makes me wonder if we should split off foreman::cli into a separate hammer module.

-Justin

http://yum.theforeman.org
 -- nightly/
    -- foreman/
      -- el7/
    -- plugins/
-- el7/
    -- client/
-- el7/
      -- el6/
      -- el5/
      -- f25/
      -- f26/
    -- katello/
      -- el7/
    -- pulp/
-- el7/
    -- candlepin/
-- el7/
 -- 1.15
 -- 1.14

Another question, though possibly overkill would be if its worth separating out the smart proxy (and plugins) to their own repository to differentiate them more clearly (and potentially support more distros?).

   On 2. Sep 2017, at 01:48, Eric D Helms <ericdhe...@gmail.com