On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Michael Moll <kved...@kvedulv.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 08:06:53PM -0500, Eric D Helms wrote:
> > Thanks for the update Michael! In working on test builds, something I
> > noticed was that we currently have fog 1.41 which is locked to json < 2.
> > However, Ruby 2.4 provides json 2+. Fog  1.42 appears to require json 2+.
> > Is this a dependency that we can update alongside the Rails update?
>
> I found https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4869

Good find! I know this will likely break nightlies on the RPM side given
JSON is only at 2+ in Ruby 2.4. However, based on your previous email it
sounds like we are going to have to bite the bullet on some length of time
where RPMs are broken? The question then is how long do we allow that
period to be based upon how much time we give plugins to switch to Rails 5?

> Regards
> --
> Michael Moll
>
> --