pspad:
1) Set ANSI or 1252 as your favourite code page.
2) If you create mostly UTF-8 files, set UTF-8 as default CP for new files - in
project settings, if you use project or in the program settings /
Files--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what the difference between these two options is. I have set UTF-8
as the default for new files. But how can I set a favourite code page for
existing files? Isn't that the exact same option?

pspad:
4) If you want to improve autodetection (I aske you about it already), send me
some files what are not autodetected correctly. I need to analyze what causes
worng autodetection.

I posted some links earlier: https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?4,77125#msg-77128

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?4,77125,77138>