On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 10:09:11AM +0100, Jan Nijtmans wrote:
> > What do you think ?
> >
> >   - Can this branch be merge to svn-import ?
>
> Both branches are IMHO ready to be merged to trunk, that's
> the best way to get them tested by more people.

For now I've integrate svn-import_no-svn-rev branch to svn-import.
(keeping the default like before that is to create the svn-rev-nnn
tags.)

> The one thing to decide (by Richard) is whether there are options
> --git/--svn (as in trunk) or a separate "format" parameter.
> Personally, I would prefer to keep the options as they are now, for
> two reasons:
> - compatibility with currently existing scripts
> - possible future extensibility, in which the import
>   type is detected from the input file automatically.

Done, and I also make sure verify_all_options() fail when using svn only
options are used with --git.

> >   - Do you have preference for the option name ?
> >         It is actually named: --no-svn-rev
>
> It's OK to me.
>

> >   - Should the automatic tagging be off by default ?
>
> I don't have a strong opinion on this, but since the
> additional tags don't take that much space (compared
> with other things that need to be stored for each commit)
> I would prefer automatic tagging to be on be default.

Baruch plan to use the svn-rev-nn tags to help incremental import logic.
When using incremental import, it make sense to have those tag because
when using incremental, it mean you want to keep a svn repository
synchronized with a fossil repository, the svn-rev-nn tags can be very
useful in that case, especially when collaborating with people that use
the svn repo.

But in the case of a definitive migration from a svn repo to fossil
repo, --incremental option is not likely to happens and the svn-rev are
not as useful (and can be distracting).

Regards

--
Martin G.