On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 08:53:37PM +0200, Baruch Burstein wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Martin Gagnon <eme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Baruch plan to use the svn-rev-nn tags to help incremental import logic.
>     When using incremental import, it make sense to have those tag because
>     when using incremental, it mean you want to keep a svn repository
>     synchronized with a fossil repository, the svn-rev-nn tags can be very
>     useful in that case, especially when collaborating with people that use
>     the svn repo.
>
>     But in the case of a definitive migration from a svn repo to fossil
>     repo, --incremental option is not likely to happens and the svn-rev are
>     not as useful (and can be distracting).
>

> I don't think there needs to be an extra switch (--no-svn-rev) for this. I
> think the existing --incremental switch should be used. The default will be to
> not have the svn-rev-* tags. They will be added if the --incremental switch is
> used. The only effect this switch will have on importing svn dumps is to turn
> on this tag, so the extra option is redundant. Also, what will happen if
> someone specifies "--incremental --no-svn-rev" together? This would make no
> sense since one turns on what the other turns off.
> Bottom line - I think the default should be to have them off and --incremental
> enables them. I would do it myself but have no time. Maybe next week.

That's ok for me, since in my case, I never want the svn-rev tags.

But if I understand well, on the first import, you need to use
--incremental (even if it's the initial import) in order to be able
to import again later with --incremental flag ? Is that right ?

I thought (at least with --git) the --incremental flag was a no-op for
the initial import (since we start from scratch, it does a complete
import).  But Now with the --svn import, on the first import the
--incremental flag is not a no-op but mandatory.

It's not a big problem, but the behavior of --incremental seems
different between --git and --svn here..

--
Martin G.