Hello,

on Saturday 19 December 2015 at 10:07, Richard Hipp wrote:
> Would it be good to support the "git:" URL scheme for
> clone/push/pull/sync?  In other words, teach Fossil to understand the
> GIT wire protocol, translating content to and from the GIT format as
> it crosses the wire?
>
> This would allow you to "clone" repos off of GitHub.  Or to
> automatically sync your Fossil repositories on GitHub.

I would love to have such a feature.

Sadly, I don't have anything useful to contribute on git protocol.

It might be useful to know that I use what I think is a common way
on github, which I think is "git:" over SSH. It is given to git as
"g...@github.com:faelys/${PROJECT}.git", with relevant key and other
parameters attached to github.com in the ssh_config file. So it might
the issues related to spawning something, in order to get SSH working.

I guess I could as easily switch to https, if that's a different and
easier protocol, but then it should probably be made clear that it is
not "git:" as seen from the other side, in case it matters for its
configuration.

Natacha Porté