Hoi,
One of the most important things that is needed for adding languages to a
technology like this is having a sufficiently sized corpus. For general
availability, the expectation for the quality is quite high. To me this
seems to be one reason why Google did not add more languages. Another reason
why many corpora are not big enough is because of the problem of identifying
a text for the language it is written in. When you consider that a few years
ago I learned that only a small percentage of Internet content has the
metadata for the language that is used.. When you then consider that
something like 75% is actually wrong...

Given that Google actually supports MediaWiki, it may be that they are
willing to support our language. The problem however is that many of our
language have illegal and even wrong codes. The consequence is that it is
not obvious to just support our "language". This issue will not be resolved
because people are under the impression that the "community" has the final
word about the names of our languages. This is naive as well as problematic
because it prevents the ease of the argument for Google to support our
languages..
Thanks,
      GerardM