> >> Here I am unsure what you are asking for.  I published summaries in the
> >> past regarding to GUADEC, for example (Sorry for my English, it was
> >> rustier than now):
> >>

> http://calcifer.org/notes/2009/05/status-of-guadecs-sponsorship-requests.html
> >>

> http://calcifer.org/notes/2010/04/guadec-status-of-travel-sponsorship-requests.html
> >>
> >> If you are asking for details of how much we have sponsored per every
> >> individual, it was decided at the very beginning to keep that
> >> information private.  It was also part of the announcement (see the
> >> links below):
> >>
> >>     "Any information you send the TC will be private"
> >>
> >> If we provide the names and numbers, there will be missing contextual
> >> information to explain some things.  And this could refrain people of
> >> requesting sponsorship. So, there is a trade-off between transparency
> >> and privacy.
> >

> > This is the thing that I don't understand.
> > Why people would not ask for sponsorship if the reasons are valid? I
> mean,
> > the transparency should not influence in these cases, right?
> > IIRC, GNOME Foundation already asks people to do a blog post saying that
> > they were sponsored by GNOME Foundation. So, what would be the problem to
> > have a list of names, describing if the person is member or not of the
> > Foundation and the motivation to help this person? (I'm not even talking
> > about expose how much money they got from Foundation).
>
> As I mentioned before, in some cultures, disclosing personal
> situations can be considered shameful. Asking sponsorship applicants
> to detail their personal financial situations publicly is very likely
> to discourage applications from some parts of the world.

And what about have a list of sponsored people?
As I asked before, GNOME Foundation already asks people to written down a
blog post with the stamp, showing that they were sponsored by GNOME
Foundation.
Considering that it can discourage applications, should GNOME Foundation
keep asking people to do this?

> It may also
> be insensitive in some cases, such as those where there has been some
> sort of tragedy or suchlike which leads to a request.

And I guess this is an exception, right?

Best Regards
--
Fabiano Fidêncio