* [email protected] (Dave Peters) [Tue 22 Mar 2011, 17:18 CET]:
I've had a little trouble with traffic on a 10 gig port from an NI-MLX, and I'm hearing about some rconsole commands that can help me get to the bottom of things (I hope). Unfortunately, I'm not finding a lot of information on the Brocade site.

Yeah, the levels at which "a little trouble with traffic" can be debugged in a switch quickly goes from easy commands to deep-down-in-the-inner-tubings of the switch fabric modules. The latter requires knowledge that only developers at Brocade have (like what registers in the FAPs serve what purpose; only in proprietary documentation about the chips used).

It'd help tremendously if you could be a *little* bit more specific in describing your problem. You don't mention whether you have a 4 or an 8 port 10G module, what software release you're running, what exactly you are seeing in practice, what steps you have undertaken to reproduce the problem, etc.

Are TM counters in "sh int" congruent with NP counters? Are you seeing errors on SFM links? Any oldest discards in "sh tm stat"?

If you're not running 5.0.00e you probably should upgrade to that first.


        -- Niels.

--
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to