On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 12:16:10PM +0200, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> There is no other way to properly support linking to external
> libraries, unless you use something like Mac OS X' frameworks (which
> does support transparent versioning and multi-version support,
> including name changes of individual libraries part of a framework
> even if they represent the same library version if you'd feel
> inclined to do that).

That's not the point. The point is that I consider a solution, that tries to
collect this data automatically, worse than the current situation.

IOW I consider this cure to be worse (more likely to break a release
systematically and harder to support due to a lack of transparancy to end
users) than the problem, specially since now we don't have to recompile FPC
anymore for a lib change.