Thanks.
I already successfully install Lazarus/FPC 2.6 on raspbian :-)
If you say cross compiling and debugging is not worth the trouble, I will take your advice.

Dennis

Michael Ring wrote:
You should better install the native port of lazarus & freepascal on the raspberry and connect the machine to a display/mouse/keyboard. Install latest raspian from http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads

and here's a user-guide for installing lazarus/fpc: http://elinux.org/Lazarus_on_RPi

Then you can then use lazarus in exactly the same way as on your linux box, performance may not be stellar but you will have a working system in no time.

Doing crosscompiles and remotedebugging will add a level of complexity that will not justify the better performance of lazarus when using it on the 'real' linux box. At least not in the beginning of your journey.

Michael