Am 21.06.2013 12:23, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 20/06/13 22:41, Michael Ring wrote:
>> Doing crosscompiles and remotedebugging will add a level of complexity
>> that will not justify the better performance of lazarus when using it on
>> the 'real' linux box.
>
> It doesn't need to be!
>
> Having tested Delphi XE4 recently with iOS and MacOSX development. I was
> simply amazed at how easy it was to develop for an alternative platform,
> including remote debugging and deployment - it fact developing for the
> iOS target was just as simple as developing for the Win32 or Win64 or
> MacOSX targets.

So they support now native development on MacOS X as well? Or is cross
compilation from win still the only way? Then this explains a lot: the
mainly used development setup works always the best by far.

> There is still a huge gap in FPC and Lazarus's usability when it comes
> to developing, debugging and deploying to alternative targets.

Cross compilation *to* win from any targets works very well with FPC.
The problem are platforms like linux where linking is basically
impossible without having the libraries of the target system available.