Native use of FPC+Lazarus on MacOS X is fine.
Even native use of FPC+Lazarus on Mac OS X cross compile to IOS is fine using the specialized Lazarus + FPC 2.7.1 + the packakge provided by www.pas4mobile.com

I have deployed an IOS app on my Ipod touch without problem (of course, you need to eventually spent a minute to use XCode to recompile the app and install it to ipod touch due to Apple's regulation).

You can even debug it line by line within Lazarus using the IOS simulator running on Mac OS X.

Dennis