Am 24.06.2013 01:39, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 23/06/13 20:56, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>>
>> So they support now native development on MacOS X as well?
>
> No, all development is still ONLY done under Windows. You cross compile
> to OS X and iOS. You also remote debug to OS X and iOS.

This is my point: cross-compilation works flawless because it is the
only way to develop. Same for FPC: because cross compilation to
win64/wince is the way how official releases are built, this way works
perfectly, see below.

> I still think forcing a Windows licence for somebody that wants to
> develop for iOS only is bad. After all, Apple already forced you to
> purchase Apple hardware to develop for any of their platforms.
>
> But what I was getting at is that Embarcadero made cross compiling and
> remote debugging a no-brainer.

Of course, it is is the only way. Just try win32 to win64/wince cross
compilation with FPC, it also "just works" because it is way our
releases work and the mainly used way to build for those targets.

c:\fpc>fpc test.pp -Parm
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.2 [2013/02/12] for arm
Copyright (c) 1993-2012 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: WinCE for ARM
Compiling test.pp
Assembling program
Linking test.exe
2 lines compiled, 0.1 sec , 23216 bytes code, 540 bytes data

c:\fpc>fpc test.pp -Px86_64
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.2 [2013/02/12] for x86_64
Copyright (c) 1993-2012 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Win64 for x64
Compiling test.pp
Linking test.exe
2 lines compiled, 0.1 sec , 29792 bytes code, 1748 bytes data

c:\fpc>fpc test.pp
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.2 [2013/02/12] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2012 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Win32 for i386
Compiling test.pp
Linking test.exe
2 lines compiled, 0.1 sec , 25344 bytes code, 1612 bytes data

Same for lazarus: I just change the target and it works: the needed
parts of the lcl are rebuilt, then the program is build.

> Trying to do the same thing with FPC and
> Lazarus IDE is a huge pita!

Not with the windows targets.