I can understand keeping bots off the channel, but it seems like there should
be some easy way to test if you are a bot without annoying real humans.
Why doesn’t she just send them an email or a text message if their conversation
is not convincing or
If they are someone who is on the FPC mailing list, then it’s super easy to
confirm that just ask them what their email used on one of the FPC lists.   If
I do a google search for:   james richters fpc-pascal
I get all kinds of posts that I have made over the years from the archives.

The comment was made that lurkers are not allowed on the channel.. that is just
dumb,  if there are not lurkers, then the chances of someone being on who knows
how to help with any give issue is much less.  So the only people on the
channel will be people with questions, and no one with answers.  Also a LOT can
be learned from other people’s questions.  I learn SO much from the FPC-Pascal
List.. things that I would never even think about.

I don’t know,  I like the mailing lists, I didn’t even know there was an IRC
channel…. Look… I learned about something I didn’t know about from what would
be considered lurking if I was on IRC.