I have to correct you on this.. IRC is NOT the only method of communicating
about fpc, {it’s just my favorite.} I like the forums too because they contain
a wealth of searchable knowledge and let people in different time zones have
discussions.

I’m sorry if your experiences in irc were unsatisfactory. I don’t like time
being wasted any more than you do so I’ve ended up with the moderation style
that I have. However i hope nobody is deterred from using IRC because I’m
strict. There are many other channels including #lazarus that are the opposite
of #fpc.

I will continue to maintain a high quality place to discuss fpc for those who
need it.

Thank you for reading and have a good day.