From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Sgammato
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 3:00 PM
To: Jobs; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Entry Level Technical Writer - Contract - Moorpark, CA

This is insulting.

A typist is not a technical writer, and "taking edits from subject
matter experts and dropping them into FrameMaker documents" is not
technical writing. You want a stenographer with FrameMaker experience.
You probably *need* a technical writer but don't know what a technical
writer is and would be unwilling to pay for one anyway.

Is it Structured FrameMaker? Unstructured? What version? What plugins?
Do you need index entries? Cross-references? Do you even know what you
are asking for?

John Sgammato
Principal Technical Writer and Curmudgeon etc, etc

*****
This would be a perfect position for someone trying to break into tech
writing as you will be mostly taking edits from subject matter experts
and dropping them into FrameMaker documents.

http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/gflato%40nanometrics
.com