Extracting the icons from the plug-in source should not be difficult,
they're usually all in one directory.

Assuming the icons are all the same size, in a separate .fm file
create one frame with one scratch icon bitmap with all the settings as
you want them. Copy and paste that into your main document, copy your
new icon bitmap, select the scratch icon bitmap, and paste.

I think that's the fastest workflow you'll get unless maybe you wrote
a FrameScript macro.

To me it seems like a huge waste of time. I'd just document the tooltip text.