AutoIT is a powerful scripting language, and it comes with good documentation. It's intended to act as a surrogate for a human, by detecting screen or window activity and sending mouse or keyboard responses, but it's also very good for general-purpose programming.

It includes the ability to compile your AU3 program to EXE, so that you don't have to start up the scripting environment to run the script.

On 2013-11-26 08:10, Shmuel Wolfson wrote:
Attached is an AutoIt script for this. AutoIt is a free scripting language for Windows. It's very easy to write AutoIt scripts for easy things like typing shortcut keys. You have to download and install AutoIt in order to run this.

Below is the script as well, but it has to be in a text file with a .AU3 extension in order to run it. You can see how simple it is. And I added a lot of comments to make it easier to understand. If you need more info, let me know.

Maybe one day I will get into ExtendScript, but AutoIt is so much easier and more pleasant to use that it's worth considering.

Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer
052-763-7133

; this script converts tables to text
; find the desired table once, before running the script

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ; this sets the title match to be anywhere in the window title

Dim $max
Dim $x = 1

$max = InputBox("","How many tables?","10")
WinActivate(".fm") ; this activates the window that has .fm in the title bar (which may be hidden)
WinWaitActive(".fm")
While $x <= $max
    Send("^+f") ; presses CTRL+SHIFT+f to find next
Sleep(100) ; pause 100 milliseconds - you may need to increase this time if you have a slow computer
    Send("!tvc") ; presses ALT+t,v,c to convert the table to text
Sleep(100) ; pause 100 milliseconds - you may need to increase this time if you have a slow computer
    $x = $x + 1
WEnd