There is no question that ExtendScript and FrameScript are more powerful than AutoIt (for FrameMaker docs) since you can manipulate the inner workings of the documents. But the ease of use of AutoIt, and the fact that you can use it for all Windows programs, makes it worth learning. AutoIt is not an object-oriented language, which reduces the complexity tremendously.

Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer
052-763-7133