Thanks for the "unusable by me" clarification. My concern was that your
original statement implied that it doesn't work, and I wanted to make it
clear that it does work. But I agree that it does have poor documentation
and a lack of good samples. BTW, I do offer FrameMaker ExtendScript training
for anyone interested. Thanks.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:59 PM
To: Rick Quatro
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Script to convert tables to paragraphs

ExtendScript was unusable by me, since what I wanted to do was undocumented,
there was no sample code that was relevant, and Adobe tech support said it
was not supported.

I did manage to automate some things anyway, but the scripts stopped working
after a few months for no apparent reason. Again, no tech support.

<https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&hs=fXr&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-
US%3Aofficial&q=rlauriston+extendscript++site%3Aforums.adobe.com&oq=rlaurist
on+extendscript++site%3Aforums.adobe.com>


On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Rick Quatro <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Unusable" is a bit of an exaggeration. I have developed several 
> hundred scripts, which are being successfully used by my clients. I 
> agree that it is poorly documented, but it is certainly usable.
>
> Rick Quatro
> Carmen Publishing Inc.
> 585-366-4017 **NEW**
> [email protected]
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected]
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Robert 
> Lauriston
> Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:28 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Script to convert tables to paragraphs
>
> ExtendScript is so powerful that I found it unusable for FrameMaker.
> If it were properly documented and Adobe provided useful sample code 
> for automating common tasks it might be great. I think they provide 
> those for some of their other apps.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
>
> You are currently subscribed to framers as [email protected].
>
> Send list messages to [email protected].
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> [email protected]
> or visit 
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/robert%40lauriston
> .com
>
> Send administrative questions to [email protected]. Visit 
> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

_______________________________________________


You are currently subscribed to framers as [email protected].

Send list messages to [email protected].

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[email protected]
or visit 
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/archive%40mail-archive.com

Send administrative questions to [email protected]. Visit
http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Reply via email to