As Rick said, the embedded graphic was changed from a vector graphic (line drawing) to a raster graphic (AKA bitmap). Vector graphics stay sharp when enlarging PDF. Raster graphics don't.

In general, embedding files is risky. Every one in a while, you get some bad result. Sometimes it prevents you from creating the PDF at all. It's safer to save the source file as something Frame can import (which is not the same as embed). Frame can import lots of vector formats such as WMF, EMF, PDF, EPS. Personally, I do my graphics in Visio and save them as WMF, then import the WMFs.

Shmuel Wolfson
Technical Writer
052-763-7133