Yes, but doesn't that render the extracted graphics as .jpgs? I strongly believe that .jpg is not the best graphic format to use for technical publications. Everyone's usage may vary and a lot depends on how the graphics were inserted in the Word doc in the first place, but .jpgs don't work for me; nor can I edit them. I prefer vector when possible and when not, I'll save out as .tif. But I don't have to make that decision if I let Acrobat extract as .eps. Even if the Word graphics are bitmaps, they don't lose any information when converted to .eps.

Carol