From: Matt Sullivan [mailto:sullivanma...@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 June 2014 16:09
To: Davis, David
Cc: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Can't Generate PDF SOLVED

The lack of objectivity shown here, while not typical of the framers list as a
whole, is frequent enough that these days I pay more attention to the Adobe
User to User forums. The users there are looking for help, I can give it to
them, and they're grateful. Additionally, the answers tend to be highly
searchable via Google, so (to my eye) the odds of others finding the solution
in the future via my posts are better.

I stand by my message on Tuesday eve; I'm happy that I could help a user, and
don't much care that David was irked by a working solution.

Much was said in the last week about "being moderated" and David, your posts
seem to be among those that appear 2 days after the conversation. Either you
don't care as much as you claim in your messages, or you're among those who are
time-delayed.

It looks like the answer to my irritation is at the bottom of my email

framers-unsubscr...@lists.frameusers.com<mailto:framers-unsubscr...@lists.frameusers.com>

If anyone needs me, I'll be over at forums.adobe.com<http://forums.adobe.com>.

-Matt

On Jun 13, 2014, at 12:45 AM, Davis, David
<david.da...@non.schneider-electric.com<mailto:david.da...@non.schneider-electric.com>>
 wrote:

Well Klaus,
Put it this way:
If you were going to cook a meal,
Would you buy fresh ingredients from a shop?
Or would you go scavenging in restaurants for leftovers on people's plates?   :)

If I'm going to use some fonts in a document, I prefer to have them properly
installed on my computer,
not scrape them out of the insides of a Word document that I happen to have
open or whatever

Of course, everyone's individual workflows are different...
But if could only make PDFs successfully with that option selected,
I'd be looking to troubleshoot why that was.
(My guess is that they might be referenced inside an EPS graphic or something
like that).

David

Message: 4