Or WebWorks Publisher.

Consider, how many hours to create your non-RoboHelp or non-WWP solution? Then,
how many hours needed each project to maintain your custom solution. And, what
is the cost per hour of that time. Versus,  buying software that automates that
output for you?

I assume you would be managing the source FM files in GIT and not necessarily
the output HTML and PDF files, but either way, managing HTML output from RH or
WWP would really be no different than managing HTML straight from FM.

Cheers,

Sean