Perhaps
 a project should be started to work on defining a MIF highlighter for
NotePad++, since one can create a User Defined highlighter.

Also, since FM SGML was around earlier than FMs XML capabilities, would
it be accurate to say that MIF is an SGML based tagging implementation?
(I expect even FMs SGML implementation came later but broader SGML definitions
were certainly in use earlier). Sometimes asking a silly question can be
productive. Perhaps starting from an SGML highlighting
basis might then be useful.

Also, partial highlighting is better than no highlighting, at times.

Thank you.

Craig