I can't answer your question about FM12 on the 5k Retina but I can say you are able to run your Windows OS perfectly well without Parallels. You can use Bootcamp to run Windows natively on the Apple Hardware. I have Windows installed on my MacBook Pro bootcamp partition and can select to run Windows or MacOS.

I also take that a step further and run the bootcamp installed Windows OS through VirtualBox as a VM so I can be running the Mac and its applications and the few Windows applications I need to run (mostly Visio and FrameMaker).

The issue you are likely to encounter is having Windows video drivers that will support hardware you want to use. That may require you to limit the video quality. The VirtualBox extras that are installed into Windows also allow me to make use of the Apple drivers for improved video output when I am running Windows as a VM.

I wouldn't be too hard on Adobe. They gave up on proper Mac support when they stopped FM development on the Mac from version 8. Anything the offer now is extra.

Good luck
Alan