Hello Kristy,

I would check that there are no other EDD rules imposing particular formats on the selected element.

To review the element formatting, select FrameMaker menu item: StructureTools > Show Element Context... ; FrameMaker 11 will display the "Show Element Context" pane, against which you can select each of the parent elements in the Element Hierarchy, and review the Format Rules that are being applied.

Sadly, I find the "Show Element Context" dialog to be rather useless, as the Format Rules section of the dialog is a mere 222 pixels wide [regardless of the size of the pane dock] which truncates any text that you would normally see in full glory in the EDD file, and the mouse-over text of each rule is just as useless, being truncated with a suffix of '...'. I hope that Adobe people will consider making the panes resizeable.

Regards
// Simon BUCH -- M-AIS, Edinburgh, Scotland.