Hello,

Thanks to all who made suggestions for the use of transparent graphics.  Even
when using a clipping path in an EPS file, we had trouble with the thin line
around the image border.  We eventually decided to add the product image and
the background logo as a single combined image ... because we can control all
of the settings and variations within Adobe Illustrator.  This does complicate
our process just a little bit, but we get what we want.

NEW QUESTION:

Still FM12 on Win7 PC

Why do keyboard commands sometimes get ignored?  I like keyboard cmds such as
[Esc] [m] [p] to minimize an anchored frame around a graphic image.  When the
PC is freshly booted and FrameMaker is freshly launched, this usually works.
At times, however, keyboard commands are ignored.  This also is true for
commands such as [Esc] [Spacebar] [n or m] for en and em spaces, and [Esc] [-]
[h] for non-breaking hyphens.  It takes a reboot of FM software AND the Windows
OS to get this feature to work ... but only sometimes ... at times I just need
to wait a few days    8-(    ARGHHH !

In contrast, commands such as  [Ctrl]+[q]  [Shift]+[p]  provide an en dash even
when the Escape commands fail.

Your advice is always appreciated.  I have been on the digest since FM 4 and
enjoy the information as well as the banter.

Thanks,

Ed DeRosier