I find FrameMaker's menu structure quite illogical, although I know it by heart
after using Frame for almost 20 years. I have found, with Microsoft's Office
applications, that the ribbon interface has made me more productive and does
make it easier to find less used commands.

One thing though that Adobe should consider implementing, if they do modify
Frame to use a ribbon interface, is an equivalent to the Quick Access Toolbar.
I've set up my Word with a QAT of about 30 icons for my most frequently used
commands (including some macros) and set the ribbon to show only when I click
on the pane name. I had actually created something similar using a custom
toolbar in Word 2003, but this is much easier to set up and use.

As always, preferences vary, and I quite appreciate that this may not work for
everyone.

Regards
Keith

--