From: Frank Ripp
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 2:34 PM
To: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Cc: Frank Ripp
Subject: FrameMaker 9 "Internal error 9004" issue

Hi Framers,

I'm running Frame 9 (v9.0p255) under Windows 7 on a Dell Latitude with 16 GB of
RAM.
The software was recently installed, and for a few weeks everything worked as
expected.

Today, when I open *any* existing Frame document:

1)      The document is blank.

2)      When I close the document, the content now displays underneath the "Do
you want to save changes" dialog. (So my content is still there!)

3)      No matter which button I click, an error message displays:  "Internal
error 9004 <lots of numbers> FrameMaker has detected a serious problem and must
quit."

4)      I click OK in the error dialog and FrameMaker quits.

Our IT folks uninstalled Frame, then reinstalled it from disk. I then updated
it with 4 separate patches, updating it from 9.0p196 to 9.0p255.
I'm still seeing the same behavior. (And of course, I'm in the middle of
working on many documents!)

As per the error message, I sent the log files to Adobe at
fmer...@adobe.com<mailto:fmer...@adobe.com>. Not sure when I'll hear back from
them.

Anybody out there run into this problem? How did you resolve it?
Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Frank Ripp
Pacific Biosciences
Menlo Park, CA