I am trying to set up consecutive numbering for figures and tables across
multiple chapters in a book. The structure and template uses a paragraph Tag
with numbering set to <n+>. Each chapter restarts at #1. According to the
Framemaker 7.0 Online Manual, "Autonumbered paragraphs are numbered
consecutively in a text flow. If your document contains several text flows,
autonumbered paragraphs in each flow will be independent of the others."

  So my problem appears to be that each chapter is in its own flow. How do i
get one flow across three chapters or 20 chapters?

  Or is there a numbering option that will get the same effect?