Hello  Melanie from Germany,

don't worry about the DIN A4 used outside US,
keep your template. We (the user of your manuals)
don't have any problems with printing the letter
size pages on a DIN A4 printer and paper size.

At 05:37 24.06.2006, you wrote:
>Thanks Daniel, Diane, Rick.
>
>I should have said before, our main method of delivery to customers is
>PDF. So, we're wanting a PDF that's of the right size before it ever
>gets to a paper printer.
>
>As for recreating our template... Just for our English user guides, we
>have 18 template files. We have already recreated about 10 of those
>files for two other book formats (training and marketing), so we're up
>to 38 now. We produce a multi-volume software user guide (totaling about
>10K pages), which is rev'd 2-3 times a year--plus 5-6 trainings each
>year--and we are a small writing team of only 3-6 people at any time.
>It's a nightmare to think about yet another set of 38 templates to
>maintain. But, if we have to we have to, and I will use your
>recommendations.
>
>Any others would also be welcome.
>
>--
>Melanie Raney
>Senior Information Developer
>Earth Decision Sciences
>phone | 713 787 0746 x113
>email | raney at earthdecision.com
>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/wolfgang.schapat%40t-online.de
>
>Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gr??en
Wolfgang Schapat
TTT Desktop Publishing, Postfach 68, D-91323 Adelsdorf, Germany;
Technical Writer and Lecturer (Measuring Techniques, Hard- and Software);
Member of the tekom e.V. society board RG-Nuremberg
Telefon: 0049-9195-4039; Telefax: 0049-9195-7982; Mobile: 0049-170-8902312