At 05:31 PM 3/14/2006, hedley.finger at myob.com wrote:
>And if the product manager has just decided to restore the functionality
>that was removed a few days ago, how do you retrieve the version of the FM
>file that contains the content you deleted when the function was removed?

So far, that's never happened to me. I've used various version control
systems over the years with FM files and I've been fine.

To protect myself somewhat from the situation you describe, I have
a condition tag called Obsolete, which I apply to deleted features
and leave hidden for the duration of the release. Then I delete text
marked obsolete later, when I'm sure the feature won't return from
the dead.

martha
--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words
editrix at nemasys.com

"Too many words bring about exhaustion."
      --Tao Te Ching, Chapter 5 (translated by Sheets/Tovey)