Don,
   I don't have the summary you requested, but if your XML documents
round-trip, yes, definitely use XML in your versioning system. Just make
sure to keep track of the version of all application files (DTD, template,
r/w rules, application definition file, and of FrameMaker itself) used with
each document.
   And there is growing support in content management systems for XML.
         --Lynne

At 05:41 AM 3/15/2006, Donald.M.Rinderknecht wrote:
>Content Management and Versioning is a recurring topic on Framers. Does
>anyone have a summary of systems that are compatible with Frame?
>
>Also, instead of using binary files, would it be possible to use MIF or,
>if in a completely structured environment, XML in the CVS to keep track of
>differences down to the 'element' level?
>
>Thanks,
>Don
>--
>Don Rinderknecht
>Meteorologist/Instructor
>Warning Decision Training Branch
>Norman, OK
>http://wdtb.noaa.gov

>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/lprice%40txstruct.com
>
>Send administrative questions to lisa at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284