Guys,

When you write a Technical Manual do you number heads and sections with
1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1 etc. I have a manual which is essentially an API and
it's numbered that way. It looks very cluttered to me. By taking that
out and using conventional styles, it has an easier UI to me.

What's the general consensus on numbering with the 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.2 type
of way? Is that generally history now, or is it actually still used a
lot?

Thanks,

Gillian Flato

Technical Writer (Software)

NANOmetrics, Inc.

1550 Buckeye Dr.

Milpitas, CA. 95035

(408.435.9600 x 316

7  408.232.5911

* gflato at nanometrics.com <blocked::mailto:v at nanometrics.com>

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information
intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended
recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message
is strictly prohibited.