Karyn,

The difference is fairly simple. What is bundled with
FrameMaker is Acrobat Distiller, the simple capability
of creating PDF from PostScript along with integration of
that capability into a PostScript printer driver instance
labelled as AdobePDF. You don't get the Microsoft Office,
Outlook, and web capture features that are available with
the full Acrobat package. Also, unless you have the full
Acrobat package, you must view your PDF files in Adobe
Reader. Adobe Reader is best thought of a pretty much a
"read only" (with some exceptions) version of the Acrobat
program that comes with the full Acrobat package. Reader
has no facilities for any type of PDF edits, adjustments,
whatever. Only certain privileged Acrobat plug-ins are
functional in Reader.

With regards to your specific question, although you
can print web pages to the AdobePDF PostScript printer
driver instance to create PDF with the FrameMaker-bundled
Distiller, you don't have the PDFMaker that works with
your browser to directly create PDF maintaining live links
and navigation. For that you need either Acrobat Standard
or Acrobat Pro.

        - Dov